Monday, December 13, 2010

Canvas, Gesso, and Shimmerz - Oh My!



I think it's a beautiful marriage!  This tutorial is EASY.  It involves taking a Punky Sprouts canvas album cover, applying chipboard letters, and treating it with coats of Gesso and beautiful Shimmerz products.

I want to do this AGAIN!  I want to use up my CHIPBOARD!  I can use any CHIPBOARD shapes in my possession!


Here is the video - I hope you enjoy it, and most of all, I hope you try it!  Spell any WORD you want!


Penny Pincher Vibez
Sea Monkey Vibez
Licorice Spritz
Eucalyptus Spritz
Tickle Me Turquoise Shimmerz Paint

Other Supplies:
Gesso Paint
Punky Sprouts Canvas Album Cover (Rebel Sprout Album)
American Crafts Thickers (Assorted)
Glue Arts Glue Gun

Have a wonderful and creative Monday!

Pin It

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, seriously cool tutorial there and a gorgeous cover!! I'm so giving this a go :)

Zoe said...

I LOVE that album cover. Can't believe how easy you make it look! ~Zoe

Heidi Kelley said...

Okay. This was FANTASTIC!!! LOVE, love, LOVE it.

Stac said...

Absolute GENIUS!!!! Love the idea, the colors, the video, how you go over the colors you chose. . .it's all FABULOUS!!! Thanks Lesley.

Unknown said...

What a great tutorial. I love this idea. Wonderful job!

Lydell Quin said...

I love typography and this is such a cool way of using it!!! Love the techniques you showed here!!!

Rita Barakat said...

Thats awesome Lesley! Love it!

MichelleB said...

I love this project! Thanks for a great video!

Leslie Ashe said...

I am in LOVE with this Lesley!!!! That's gorgeous!!

Rene said...

This is lovely!! Wonderful inspirational tutorial!! Thanks for sharing this with us!